[Freeswitch-users] Concurrent Channels Limit

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Oct 14 03:25:18 MSD 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> Your expectations are not in touch with reality, while you could do it
> doesn't mean you should.

To expand on Brian's comment: being able to have 10K concurrent calls and
500cps on a single box may be a complete awesome feat but that doesn't make
it practical. I may have a race car that can top out at 250mph but that
doesn't mean I should drive it that fast when cruising around town.

If you have a business case for that many cps and concurrent calls then
you're better off not putting all your eggs in one basket and instead
scaling out horizontally. The last thing you need is for all 10K calls go
down because of a server hiccup!

-MC