[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail Behavior

Siri MM sirimmfs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 08:40:45 MSD 2014

Hi,

I am currently using Freeswitch 1.2.7. I have setup a couple of extensions,
with voicemail enabled as follows:

Under directory, extension xml has vm-enabled set to true

Under dialplan, I have the following:
<extension name="901" >
   <condition field="context" expression="public" >
   </condition>
   <condition field="destination_number" expression="^901$" >
       <action application="ring_ready" />
       <action application="set" data="call_timeout=10" />
       <action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true" />
       <action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true" />
       <action application="bridge" data="user/901" />
       <action application="answer" />
       <action application="voicemail" data="default $${domain} 901" />
   </condition>
</extension>

Now, lets say I dial the above extension 901 from another extension, say
902. After 10 seconds, the call is redirected to voicemail:
a. Voice prompt says: "Person at extension 901 is not available. Record
message after the tone. Press any key or stop talking to end the recording"
b. At this stage, if the caller (902) records a message, and presses any
key other than '*', then the normal voicemail submenu continues (i.e. Press
1 to listen, 2 to save etc..)
c. However, if the caller (902) were to record a message and press '*',
instead of the above voicemail sub menu, he actually gain access to the
callee's Voicemail box!! Caller 902 is able to listen to 901's messages,
change settings etc.

Could anyone please let me know if I am missing something here?