[Freeswitch-users] local extensions <> DID

Jerry Allen jerry.allen at vistabeam.com
Tue Oct 7 22:17:29 MSD 2014

For a public voip server, I would like to use the 10 digit DID for the extension and be able to route all non-local DID out to my gateway(s). Is it possible to use the PSTN DID as the SIP extension? I do not find any information concerning this. I understand DID > extension as long as extension matches the predefined <extension name="Local_Extension"> destination_number expression. The  issue is using a 10 digit extension collides with the 10 digit routing to my gateway and loops.

Jerry Allen