[Freeswitch-users] Embedded Freeswitch

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:16:17 MSK 2014

Hi Guillermo,

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Guillermo Ruiz Camauer <
grcamauer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Thanks for the response.  I am wondering if there are any examples using
> C/C++.

You can have a look at the fscomm/ directory in FreeSWITCH git repo, then
peak at fshost.cpp (
https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/FS/repos/freeswitch/browse/fscomm/fshost.cpp
)

Pay particular attention to the FSHost::run() method calling the following
functions:

switch_core_init()
switch_core_init_and_modload()
switch_core_runtime_loop()

That's the gist of it to get started. In my opinion most of the time is
better to launch a lean freeswitch process (with only the modules you need
in your app) in the background and control it using ESL

Cheers

Moy

Moises Silva

Manager, Software Engineering

Sangoma Technologies

100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9R6

T +1 905 474 1990 x128 | toll-free in North America +1 800 388-2475 | F +1
905 474 9223

www.sangoma.com