[Freeswitch-users] UBUNTU VS WINDOWS

Dave R. Kompel drk at drkngs.net
Wed Mar 26 18:32:14 MSK 2014

There is a lot more info needed here... There are no problems with running FS on windows. I have had many workloads running on windows for years now, in production and in excess of 3000 channels. However I admit this is on the 1.2 stable branch.

Just as if we were trying to debug a problem on a linux box, the same thing applies to windows. Need details about the process running. For example what user was the process running as? Interactive or as a service? Is UAC enabled on he system? What roles and features are installed? How much Ram is on the system? Etc...?

Just like under linux, the same applies for windows. Do you have a process dump at the time of the exception? That should tell a whole lot more :)

Other things that come to mind. Have you tried it on another windows box? A reference box with nothing else installed? How about on newer versions of windows server? Does the same problem exist on 2012 or 2012R2?

Since you are running on a 64 bit OS, are you running the FS x64 build?

This like any other issuse can be solved with a little info and debugging.

If you need some help with this, feel free to contact me off list.

--Dave
      _____