[Freeswitch-users] send_dtmf not working

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 18:55:01 MSD 2014

SIP trace won't show the DTMF. Digits would normally probably be sent via
RFC2833 packets, which would show in a packet trace of the RTP stream.

In your case you're running start_dtmf and start_dtmf_generate - are you
sure you want those? They are for receiving and sending DTMF as in-band
DTMF tones instead of as SIP INFO / RTP RFC2833 packets. They're not a good
idea unless you actually require them since they increase the CPU load for
the call and can result in duplicated digits if you're sending DTMF both
inband and out-of-band.

For debugging purposes DTMF packets sent via start_dtmf_generate cannot be
seen in packet traces, unless you actually decode and listen to the RTP
stream they're sent in.

If the device you're sending to isn't hearing the digits it probably means
start_dtmf_generate is sending them inband and the device is only listening
for DTMF out-of-band.