[Freeswitch-users] multiple languages

Darcy Primrose fs at voice2net.ca
Tue Jul 29 00:40:18 MSD 2014

I inserted it in three places.  First for the IVR,  following is a portion of the dialplan that calls the ivr

<condition field="${are_we_open}"  expression="^Yes$">
   <action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>
   <action application="set" data="default_language=fr"/>
   <action application="answer"/>
   <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
   <action application="ivr" data="61_domain.mydomain.ca"/>
   <action application="transfer" data="820 XML domain.mydomain.ca"/>
   <anti-action application="transfer" data="20 XML domain.mydomain"/>
</condition>

So I use two IVRs, one for english, 1 for french.

Then for inbound voice mail - this is for extension 28 in its dialplan
     <action application="bridge" data="{sip_invite_domain=domain.mydomain.ca,presence_id=28 at domain.mydomain.ca}user/28 at domain.mydomain.ca"/>
     <action application="set" data="default_language=fr"/>
     <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
        <action application="voicemail" data="default domain.mydomain.ca 28"/>

Then for checking voicemail we use two codes currently, I haven't investigated this far enough  to make it seamless, we had a customer to get going:
    <extension name="vmain">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^vmain$|^4001$|^\*99$">
    <action application="set" data="default_language=fr"/>
          <action application="answer"/>
    <action application="set" data="vm_announce_cid=ivr/ivr-this_is_a_call_from.wav"/>
          <action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
          <action application="voicemail" data="check default domain.mydomain.ca ${sip_from_user}"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

But the real key thing is to follow the instructions 100% on the following link,
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_cepstral#libswift.so.

And you have to purchase licenses to make it fully functional, but you get a courtesy make to let you know you have the correct language working.

It is not 100% multilingual, but it is by all means acceptable.  Hope this helps some.

Darcy