[Freeswitch-users] [OL]Re: best way to receive FAXs

Markus Lindenberg markus.lindenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 16:29:24 MSD 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 6:39 PM, Steven Schoch <
schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com> wrote:

> I don't really want to "play" with T.38 faxing, I just want to receive
> faxes without a POTS line. Doesn't anyone do that?

Hi Steven,

yes, I'm doing that, a lot. :)
Try to disable T.38 first and send a fax that way. If it works, try again
with T.38. Have a look at spandsp's output on fs_cli, there's usually
something useful if negotiation fails. You can also enable verbose output
for mod_spandsp, that'll give very detailed logging output but can be
useful as well. Maybe it's some problem with the T.38 re-invite, so maybe
try a T.38 fax to/from your provider with siptrace enabled.

Best regards, Markus