[Freeswitch-users] 1.4/master openssl requirement change.

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 00:17:30 MSK 2014

word of wisdom; I would be terribly afraid if you use debian squeeze or
ubuntu12.04 as I typically do not support either one anyway.
They are basically from the same era and have a lot of the same problems.
 The kernel is not mature enough for modern CPU and has several issues.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Travis Cross <tc at travislists.com> wrote:

> On 2014-01-29 20:21, Tamas Jalsovszky wrote:
> > As far as I know, on Ubuntu 12.04 the latest openssl package is:
> > 1.0.1-4ubuntu5.11
> >
> > As you can see, there is no 'e' letter, however as we have checked,
> > ubuntu backported changes from 1.0.1 (incliding e afaik) to this
> > package. We have successful tests with webrtc on 12.04.
> >
> > Would it be possible to not hardcode that way 1.0.1e?
>
> Ubuntu will be releasing a new LTS in a few months.  Until that time,
> people on 12.04 can continue to run v1.2, which comprises at this
> point our only stable releases.
>
> Or people on 12.04 can package up a newer version of OpenSSL for 12.04
> and host it in a PPA alongside the FS packages.  That would be the
> right way to do it in any case.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬

☞ http://freeswitch.org/http://cluecon.com/http://twitter.com/FreeSWITCH