[Freeswitch-users] 1.4/master openssl requirement change.

Travis Cross tc at travislists.com
Wed Jan 29 23:29:05 MSK 2014

On 2014-01-29 20:21, Tamas Jalsovszky wrote:
> As far as I know, on Ubuntu 12.04 the latest openssl package is:
> 1.0.1-4ubuntu5.11
>
> As you can see, there is no 'e' letter, however as we have checked,
> ubuntu backported changes from 1.0.1 (incliding e afaik) to this
> package. We have successful tests with webrtc on 12.04.
>
> Would it be possible to not hardcode that way 1.0.1e?

Ubuntu will be releasing a new LTS in a few months.  Until that time,
people on 12.04 can continue to run v1.2, which comprises at this
point our only stable releases.

Or people on 12.04 can package up a newer version of OpenSSL for 12.04
and host it in a PPA alongside the FS packages.  That would be the
right way to do it in any case.