[Freeswitch-users] Problem with call on same network

Steve Kieu msh.computing at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 01:02:09 MSK 2014

Hi

> we isolate issue on Vodafone 3G network.
> Simply if you haven't issue where two clients behind same NAT cant call to
> each other.

Hm ICE does not work for me in this case as well - (in theory it should).
However I remove stun in *one* of the client and it works.

Client support is important in this case. One of them will send to wrong IP
& port and the other correct. Then the client sending wrong thing detects
the rtp source address and start sending to correct IP. I use linphone and
it works great.

Some time freeswitch does help to , the switch_rtp if it does not detect
media correctly it switch the IP address and turn off bypass media mode.

I suggest you may try to use ICE - it should work, if not then bug the
client implementation of ICE or debugging why ICE does not work in this
case.

best

> Thank you
>
> On 01/13/2014 at 11:04 PM, "Steve Kieu" <msh.computing at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What is your issues exact;y?
>
> I am running FS on a mixed network. With correct setup all good.
>
> Even if two end behind nat (provided they use stun) I still have audio
> using bypass media so I am curious on what issues you have and how you set
> it up?
>

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 6:35 AM, <peetee23 at hushmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have an issue between clients which are on same network (WiFi for
>> example).
>> What could I do to solve this issue? Im aware of "bypass media" but this
>> will affect other regular calls behind NAT, right?
>>
>> Thank you for your help
>> PT

>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com