[Freeswitch-users] Switching from RPM to GIT

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 13:22:45 MSK 2014

I have a simple Monday morning query - if i've installed FreeSWITCH using
RPM's and have now decided to remove the application and use the git head -
is there a simple way to do this?

I'm pretty much a novice so far as Linux administration so my approach
would be as follows:

List the packages:

rpm -qa | grep -i freeswitch
freeswitch-1.2.14-1.el6.x86_64
freeswitch-application-snom-1.2.14-1.el6.x86_64
freeswitch-appl....
... (x30)

Remove them all one at a time using rpm -e  freeswitch-1.2.14-1.el6.x86_64

Proceed with GIT install. Is there a cleaner/easier approach?

Thanks.