[Freeswitch-users] Missing sending BYE and missing OK message

Claus Andersen clan at wheel.dk
Fri Feb 21 11:44:05 MSK 2014

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014, Georgi Stefanov wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have strange behavior on FreeSWITCH Version 1.2.22~32bit ( 32bit) running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)
>
> I I have FS-A and FS-B
> FS-A originate calls to FS-B.
> Then FS-B answers the call and plays 10 sec music.
> On successfull call FS-A plays 10 sec music too(I just want to keep the call alive)
>
> The strange thing appears when I try to load it.
> I succeed to get 2000+ calls with 100 CPS.
> But
> My calls are 10sec long, so I think 1000 should be the maximum number of simultaneous calls.
> I used wireshark to sniff and analyze the traffic. The result:
>
> On every call I have 10 sec of call duration and then BYE is sent.
> But OK which should confirm the BYE is received, is missing.
> Then again BYE message is sent, in matter of fact it is sent several times and finally the call is destroyed.
>
> I have checked my network bandwidth.
> I have tried calls without RTP traffic (using sleep dialplan app)
>
> Is this an issue, or I missed some configuration?

I was wondering one thing when I read this: Have you tested the other edge
case? What is happening with only one call? Do you get the expected result
with BYE->OK?
If you see the problem with one call - then it does not seem performance
(or limit) related.
If you do not see the problem with one call - then try increasing the call
volumes in halfs. And when you see the problems scale down in halfs until
you have a sweet spot.
Maybe there are some obvious settings limits that I am not aware of - but
the above will at least give a little more information.

Regards,
Claus