[Freeswitch-users] Trouble getting Caller ID to Change

Chris Tunbridge blasterjr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 11:35:06 MSK 2014

I am trying to get the caller id to change on the channel when it comes on
to label it depending on the DID it came in on, my goal is to prefix the
caller id, say i have a DID that is in a Phone book, and i want to prefix
"PB:" to the caller id (without the quotes) in order to know which DID this
call came in on before answering the call.

Version: FreeSWITCH Version 1.5.8b+git~20140202T113337Z~9059fb91cc~64bit
(git 9059fb9 2014-02-02 11:33:37Z 64bit)

INFO output: http://pastebin.freeswitch.com/21926

lua script (with attempts) to change this attribute:
http://pastebin.freeswitch.com/21928

get_variable (and set_variable) are references to the session:setVariable
and session:getVariable commands.

In my case, i can clearly see if i output the value of caller_id_name, that
its changed, if i turn ignore_display_updates to false (or not set it at
all) i can see in my dial plan that its updating the caller id, and erasing
the Prefix i added to it. (well ignoring my set CID is probably a better
way of putting it).

Regardless of what variables are set on the incoming call/channel the
extension shows the original caller id.

I apologize if I'm doing something incredibly stupid, or missing something
small, but I've spend a solid 8 hours trying to work through this.

Calls are handled via a lua script on the inbound per instructions found
here: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_lua/Serving_Configuration#dialplan

Which is why I'm using an actions table to do things.

This is using lua  and MySQL (odbc) to handle a large number of look ups on
the fly.

If you need anything more from me, let me know.