[Freeswitch-users] Flash Hook to an FXO port (ata)

Dušan Dragić dragic.dusan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 18:56:30 MSK 2014

I was looking into sending custom sip info messages a while back (but
not for fxo hook flash) and found two ways in fs:

1) send_info dialplan app - with this one you can't change the mime
type (it's always "freeswitch/data") and you have to set the channel
var fs_send_unsupported_info=true beforehand if the other end isn't
freeswitch. It's probably useless to you.

2) uuid_send_info api command - this let's you set mime type/subtype
so it could work for your case:

uuid_send_info <uuid> application hook-flash some_data

On 31 December 2014 at 09:43, davy van de moere
<davy.van.de.moere at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gents,
>
> Does any one have a good setup to send a flash hook to an analogue line?
> Preferably with an ATA of some sort.
>
> So far I've been trying with an Linksys SPA3102, which can do a flash hook
> with the specific mime type : application/hook-flash , with Freeswitch I the
> send_dtmf didn't get me any further than sending the special flash key F in
> application/dtmf-relay. Which is not interpreted by the SPA3102 as a flash
> hook.
>
> Hence, does anyone have a good strategy from a Freeswitch pov to send a
> flash hook signal (do I need to think sipsak?), or an ATA/firmware which
> does support the F key in dtmf?
>
> Season grtz!
> Davy

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org