[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch based door communication

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Mon Dec 15 20:59:22 MSK 2014

This should be fairly straight forward...

Have a process monitor the GPIO pin on the RPi for the the state change of
the button press probably something like have that button pull the GPIO pin
low (theres tons of docs on the RPi sites for doing this)

On the the process monitoring the GPIO pin can fire an originate command to
freeswith
Something like
# originate endpoint at door default XML ringall DOOR BELL

Where endpoint at door is the proper bridge string for the door¹s end point
default being the dialplan context and XML being the dialplan
ringall being an extension destination_number in the dialplan with
DOOR being the CIDName
BELL being the CIDNumber

Then in the dialplan just use fork dialing style of bridging... No
conferencing required...

<action application="bridge" data="user/1000,user/1001,user/1002"/>
Notice the , in the data= string... The comma tells bridge to try each one
at the same time and just connect the call to the one that answers first,
the others will then be hung up on...

On 12/15/14 11:44 AM, "Michael Traut" <michael.traut at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, i try to restate:
>
> Raspberry is running FS, connected are a door SIP and (many) other device in
> the house. Completely external to the devices and FS an event "bell" is
> generated (assume by some event on the GPIO). This should trigger FS to
> connect 1 Leg to the door SIP (which will answer automatically and is always a
> participant) and the other leg to the first in house phone to answer. The
> complete session is FS initiated.
>
> So i have two successful "originate" calls and need two connect the two ends
> together... a kind of "two man conference invitation".
>
> Am i still obscure?
>
>> > To be clear, you are trying to figure out config for the client running on
>> raspberry (using fs) or for another server?
>> >
>> > yes, you can do originate to multiple destinations, and the first one
>> wins.  This is built in to originate.  I don't think we have any code to
>> receive auto_answer indication, we only send it.  It would require some small
>> code changes to add this.
>> > Mike

>>> While there are some examples for such a constellation for Asterisk, i
>>> didn't find (and was not able to invent myself so far) a Freeswitch example.

>>> will be accepted automatically) and a call to all phones on the floor. The
>>> first one to answer gets connected to the door.

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Ken
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org
http://www.ClueCon.com