[Freeswitch-users] mod_skypopen new documentation is ready !

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 18:14:15 MSD 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Shabbir abbasi <shabbirabbasi92 at gmail.com>
wrote:

but i am unable to find this file in centos 6.5
> edit /etc/init/pulseaudio.conf
> # uncomment "start on ..."

You right, it does not exist :))
Just corrected it in confluence

> and 2nd problum is it is using much cpu how to lower cpu usage

At the moment no way in my (very limited) knowledge to lower the cpu usage.
You can try changing values in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf , maybe you find
something better for your machine, maybe.

Sooner or later I will try again to port my skypopen.ko to work with
portaudio, maybe through portaudio's module-oss, but I gave it a (long)
try, and was not easy.

Also modify portaudio's module-null-sink to use skypopen.ko as a source of
timing was not working correctly.

Anyway, the only way we have to lower cpu usage is to act on portaudio
(that is used uniquely as a source of timing by skype client, eg: its reads
and writes on portaudio are moving blank samples, just to clocking the
reads and writes on TCP socket of the real audio packets). Portaudio uses
realtime kernel timers from userland, and is not optimized at all for using
many of them concurrently.
That is the only moving wheel we can modify. We cannot modify the Skype
client itself (unfortunately :) ).

I hope to have time in future to look again into that.

If someone is in touch with a portaudio core programmer (*core*, not
application level), let's ask her/him, or let me be in touch with.

-giovanni