[Freeswitch-users] multiple records of the same user registration on the same host

Henry Huang red.rain.seven at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 12:05:37 MSD 2014

I did not enable the multiple_registation parameter in sip profile, but I
am seeing multiple registrations of the same user in the sip_registration
table through odbc.

Here is how it happened, the client (pjsip) is registering through TCP,
without un-registering, the client failed and got restarted again. Hence
another registration was fired to the server; however, it did not replace
the previous record, but instead created an additional one.

Now, can someone explain to me how that is possible? How can I make sure
the new registration overwrite the previous one. The only thing different
is that every time when the client register again, it's using a different
TCP port. Can that be the cause of multiple record? If so, what should I do?

Here is an example of the registered record from sip_registration table
except the TCP port number is different every time. I have also masked the
IP addresses and sip_user

         call_id: VV3Fz9nEPrGZaVHi-Na0xUMR43u5pe4E
        sip_user: ****999
        sip_host: sip.domain.com
  presence_hosts: sip.domain.com,10.10.10.10
         contact: "user" <sip:****999 at 123.123.123.123:49311
;transport=TCP;ob;fs_nat=yes;fs_path=sip%3A71117x0%40124.124.124.124%3A5060>
          status: Registered(AUTO-NAT-2.0)
            rpid: unknown
         expires: 1408559112
      user_agent: unknown