[Freeswitch-users] Bypass media with callback

FSX ml88888 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 07:04:02 MSD 2014

I'm trying to use GV callback feature in FS and having trouble with making it
work in bypass media mode.

Incoming calls are working well. Call comes to public context, then it's
transferred to local domain context. Then it goes via:
<action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>
<action application="bridge" data="..."/>
RTP streams directly between remote server (caller party) and local SIP
client, as it should be by design. Calls have better audio quality and don't
use recourses of local SIP server.

Now, I try to do the same when I use GV callback feature. Local dial plan
(as recommended in  Google Voice API
<https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice_API>  ) sets hash with
current "uuid" and runs system call to make callback. Then in public context
dial plan call is accepted, using "intercept" application with saved "uuid".
Exactly as it's recommended.

It's working well, but I can't get bypass mode whatever I try to do.
* I tried to set "bypass_media=true" before run system call to make callback
* I tried to set it before executing "intercept" application
* I tried to apply global setting to make sure that FS is always using
bypass mode ("inbound-proxy-media" set to "true" in
"sip_profiles\internal.xml")

Nothing helps so far... FS always ignore those settings and proxies RTP
stream.

How to make bypass media mode work in this scenario?

Thank you in advance