[Freeswitch-users] Couldnt open /etc/freeswitch/freeswitch.xml

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Thu Apr 17 22:11:41 MSD 2014

Hi Joli,

While it can be installed to any root, you would have had to manually changed things to install in /etc.

Are you sure your freeswitch is not in /usr/local/freeswitch?

If so it is your startup scripts that are not correct.  When you say "I restarted it" does that mean you did a "service freeswitch restart (or start)"

If this is urgent and freeswitch is actuall in /usr/local/freeswitch start it manually from /usr/local/freeswitch/bin.

Then we can figure out what is not configured correctly.

Sean