[Freeswitch-users] grandstream GXW4104 (GXW410x) errors

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Thu Sep 26 00:15:36 MSD 2013

On 09/25/2013 11:03 AM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] wrote:
> Curious, I can't find a single reference to that anywhere on Google.
>
> Perhaps try messing around with some of the RTP/SDP settings and see if you can make the error
> change/disappear.
>
> You could also try throwing the phone onto a clean standalone freeswitch instance and see if the
> problem still happens, or put it onto another platform, compare the SDP and go from there. Or throw
> a proxy in between it and modify the SDP on the fly to see if you can change the result.
>
> Keep us posted on how you get on, it would be good to document this if possible.
>
> Hope this helps

It is working as is - I'm thinking it could be log noise? - testing for a RTP version?

I did find that backing up the config via the web interface and restoring via TFTP does not work
quite right. I resorted to doing screen grabs of the config as I don't trust the workings of the
provisioning software other than doing firmware upgrades.

My observations about grandstream - I have both a FXS and FXO box:  The hardware seems to work just
fine, but the configuration software as the Chinese curse says, is 'interesting'. Up-to-date
versions do appear to work - but need polishing. But compared to fighting with digium hardware it is
a breeze.

Provisioning requires downloading via the web interface your settings - then you have to 'compile'
the settings to create an upload file.  (Which is insane).  I would just skip the provisioning -
just use the web interface to configure. The syslog is quite useful for debugging.

I now have these grandstreams working and a couple of polycom IP 560's working. My take with the
Polycoms again is to skip the provisioning and use the web interface to backup and restore unless
you have more than 20 some phones.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Even if you are on the right track,
you'll get run over if you just sit there
  - Will Rogers