[Freeswitch-users] Static and Scratchy Audio

James Mortensen james.mortensen at synclio.com
Thu Nov 14 22:40:48 MSK 2013

Hello,

I have two FreeSWITCH 1.4b servers running on Amazon EC2.  Starting
yesterday, the call quality suddenly got so bad that callers from the PSTN
can't hear the other person talking.

The setup is Chrome WebRTC -> FreeSWITCH -> PSTN (Level 3/Bandwidth.com)

We've cleared all users off the server and are trying to find out the
cause. We're not dropping packets on the server or the client, yet there's
problems with the audio.

The audio issues occur with both servers, regardless of how many active
calls there are.  We don't have a problem with Chrome to Chrome peer to
peer calls, so it seems like it's a problem inside FreeSWITCH.

Here's what we've tried:

   - Checking for dropped packets
   - Restarting FreeSWITCH
   - Moving all users to another server so we test only with 1 active call.
   - Trying calls with both Level 3 as well as Bandwidth.com trunk
   providers.

Does anyone have some ideas on what we can try next?

Thank you!
James