[Freeswitch-users] Question about event-lock, break, and playback with async ESL

mbo mbodbg at gmx.net
Fri May 31 18:59:25 MSD 2013

I think if you always wait until a command has been executed before you send a new command, it can't happened that you stop the wrong playback. If you pass Event-UUID in sendmsg like

…
sendmsg
Event-UUID: 5bf340cd-7a7e-4965-9285-95ed365ed242
call-command: ...
execute-app-name: ...
execute-app-arg: ...
…

you will get this UUID back as Application-UUID in the CHANNEL_EXECUTE and CHANNEL_EXECUTE_COMPLETE events, so we are able to match it.

So you can wait until you get CHANNEL_EXECUTE_COMPLETE before you send your second playback.

See also "Correlate SendMsg reply with request in async mode" in the mailing list.

- Markus