[Freeswitch-users] One Way Audio

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed May 22 19:44:22 MSD 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Sean Devoy <sdevoy at bizfocused.com> wrote:

> Hey Michael,****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks.****
>
> ** **
>
> I am just throwing this out here for anyone who may stumble on this in
> archives.

Thanks for sharing your journey along the way. Every new user has this
journey and there are occasionally some bumps. You were wise to roll up
your sleeves and dive in. That's the best way to learn. While all of this
stuff is documented on the wiki and elsewhere on the Web there is simply no
substitute for seeing it firsthand. Wireshark is great for that.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> My first thought was you just punted!  However, I installed wireshark and
> had a look.  I saw enough to figure out what your statement “You are
> definitely sending RTP” means!  FS is send RTP (Real Time Protocol)
> packets to the carrier.  The RTP packets ARE the audio (profound
> revelation) .  So everything is fine with FS and the audio is getting lost
> between my Carrier (Vitelity) and SPRINT.

Sometimes the simplest truths are the most profound. ("Is the world round
or flat?" or "Is my wife pregnant or not?" :)

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> It is odd that we have had no complaints of lost audio except to SPRINT
> phones.  And I must say I do not have this problem on my SPRINT phone
> except for calls from my FS.****
>
> ** **
>
> I will post Vitelity’s response.

We are eager to hear what they have to say.
-MC

--
Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz