[Freeswitch-users] Recommendations for Trunks from Hawaii?

john at millican.us john at millican.us
Mon May 13 16:55:20 MSD 2013

On 5/13/2013 8:00 AM, Brian Foster wrote:

> Flowroute is in Las Vegas and I think Los Angeles. Might wantvto check
> them out: http://flowroute.com
>
> -BDF
>
> On May 13, 2013 4:11 AM, "Jeff Bernhardt" <jeff at askcornerstone.net
> <mailto:jeff at askcornerstone.net>> wrote:
>
>     Not Freeswitch specific, but...
>
>     We have a couple Vitelity DIDs we use for testing, but the latency
>     on them is fairly bad. We figure this is just because of physical
>     distance... we're in Hawaii and Vitelity is I believe in Denver
>     (at least that's the ip we connect to). Does anyone have
>     recommendations for any good trunks that might be located
>     somewhere closer (California)? There are plenty of companies here
>     and there, but what are people using that might meet our needs?
>
>     Thanks.

Speaking based only on "assumptions" here but I doubt if there will be
much difference between Hawaii and a SIP provider in LA  or one in
Denver.  I have had servers of my own in New Hampshire, Virginia, and LA
and the max ping times over public Internet were typically around 95ms.
I would bet that the majority of the latency you are seeing is due to
the link between Hawaii and the mainland.  Could it be a satellite link
that your Internet provider is using?  Have you asked them about the
connectivity they use to get to mainland destinations?
JohnM