[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH not replying to SIP INVITE

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sun May 12 02:58:37 MSD 2013

Run 'netstat -anp | grep freeswitch' and see whether FS is still listening
on those ports. Also try restarting sofia / freeswitch to see if that helps.

Cal's 'grep LISTEN' command will only show the TCP ports, if SIP arrives on
UDP those ports will appear with the above and it'll show all ports
(that'll include RTP ports for active calls, but given the problem I'm
guessing there won't be any/many).

If restarting FreeSWITCH doesn't help and only a reboot seems to help, it
would match a bug I have seen in iptables before. Try unloading the SIP
conntrack module and allow all packets into your server (ie disable the
firewall) and see if they start appearing. I have seen that module randomly
start blocking all packets from getting through the firewall but never
found why (moving to stateless and avoiding the conntrack module stopped
it). That was on an old 2.6 kernel so hopefully isn't present in newer
kernels.

If just restarting freeswitch helps that's not iptables. Trying to
reproduce it on the very latest version of FreeSWITCH would be a good start.

-Steve