[Freeswitch-users] Contact header, when using sofia gateways

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:49:16 MSD 2013

Im hitting an inter-op issue with a specific carrier ( running a Nortel
CS2000 )

When I Send a call to this carrier using "Scenario A" everything works
fine..

If I send them a call with "Scenario B" the call is rejected with a "502
bad gateway".
the carrier has said that the contact header in "Scenario B" is "Too Long".
 Im not sure its the length specifically...  but I wonder if the transport
or gw variables are causing their switch to do something odd..

problem is, I cant seem to strip these with any combination of contact
variables from the wiki or even after trawling /mod/endpoints/mod_sofia/* .

it seems that gateway->register_contact is used for invites also.
and the flow of parse_gateways in sofia.c suggests that there is no code
flow that would avoid appending the gw= data.

can someone confirm if there is a way avoid adding this extra data on calls
out a gateway,
or if im going to have to raise a request with the dev guys.

*Scenario A )*
I make an outbound call with this syntax :
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/upstream/${bridge_dest}@xx.xx.xx.xx
"/>

I See a SIP Contact of :
<sip:mod_sofia at xx.xx.xx.xx:5060>

*Scenario B )*
I try and use gateways ( for the added functionality of monitoring the far
ends reachability )
with this bridge string :
<action application="bridge"
data="sofia/gateway/upstream_xx.xx.xx.xx/${bridge_dest}" />

I See a SIP Contact of :
<sip:blah at xx.xx.xx.xx:5060;transport=udp;gw=upstream_xx.xx.xx.xx>

--
Sincerely