[Freeswitch-users] Debian packaging - some questions

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Mar 13 07:38:45 MSK 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 6:44 AM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]
<cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:
> The second problem is that the build resulted in nearly 100 different *.deb
> files This also poses somewhat of an annoyance in automated deployment
> environments, for example saltstack, where the configuration would have to
> list each individual FreeSWITCH module.

Off topic a bit, but it's great to see another Salt user. We have our
stuff built-out to the point where we pull the trigger on the Salt
Master and 30 mins later we have a full stack (12+ systems depending
on how we configure it) of load balanced and highly available servers
running FreeSWITCH, OpenSIPS, nginx, HAProxy, Django, PostgreSQL,
UWSGI, Postfix, etc. --all layered on top of freshly built virtual
hosts running kvm/libvirt under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (except for FS, it
runs on iron). I almost get goosebumps when it's done running.

I know you all do this kinda stuff all day long, but still, I can have
my fun too, right?

Long live Salt!

:)

Gabe