[Freeswitch-users] SSL/SRTP VS SSL/ZRTP

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Mar 5 20:33:29 MSK 2013

So, are you saying that if you enable TLS that it automatically tries to
use SRTP instead of just RTP? I don't believe that's the case. Look here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Tls#Step_5_-_Securing_the_RTP_Channels_.28optional.29

You can enable TLS with ZRTP. In fact, Ken Rice was just telling me how he
was testing it on the latest git HEAD not too long ago while prepping for
1.2.6. If you still have questions maybe you could join the community
conference call tomorrow and we can go over it. I think it would be nice
for people to have a refresher in TLS + ZRTP.

-MC

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM, mehroz <mehroz.ashraf85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> While configuring FS with secure setup which includes SIP secure over
> SSL/TLS and RTP with ZRTP, yet i am still unable to get it done.
>
> I came across a question i.e, how do we tell FS to do Secure SIP signalling
> (SSL/TLS) with securing RTP as ZRTP (not SRTP).
>
> I am very confused as what comes first! ? If I have enabled ZRTP settings
> in
> profile and vars.xml, and if i configured SSL in SIP signalling, how to
> tell
> it to not to secure RTP with SRTP, but ZRTP.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org