[Freeswitch-users] Gsmopen weird sound incoming

Peter Hartmann peter at hartmanncomputer.com
Mon Mar 4 23:04:25 MSK 2013

Hey Giovanni,
Thanks for your help.

> You would be better served by an install that is exactly as in the wiki
> page.

OK, understood.

> I've listened to the recordings, but I cannot hear bad sounds, just some
> noise at beginning of recording.

Yes, that's the strange sound I'm referring to.  When I'm saying "a
strange sound"  I mean this noise at the beginning, not general sound
quality using Gsmopen.  In spite of having bad signal quality I find
the overall sound quality of Gsmopen quite good!  As I was saying,
sometimes it's 1. not there ,2. only a hiss, 3. sometimes a loud
screech.

> How do you obtain those recordings? Eg: the exact procedure you use to
> produce those files?

These particular recordings were done with FS itself just to save me
the trouble of hooking up a telephone recording device.  Unfortunately
my Android phone does not support call recording.   The exact
procedure was calling out through a Google Voice extension into the
Gsmopen endpoint number.     This was only done for the convince of
recording.   The sound happens regardless of how you call in.

For instance, here is a recording I made through a POTS line using
this device:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104040

http://hartmanncomputer.com/via-POTS.wav

Thanks again!