[Freeswitch-users] Gsmopen weird sound incoming

Peter Hartmann peter at hartmanncomputer.com
Mon Mar 4 05:16:07 MSK 2013

Hi,
Thanks so much for Freeswitch and Gsmopen!   I'm loving it!     I'm
having an issue with incoming calls to a Gsmopen endpoint (E160).
Sometimes I hear a strange sound before my IVR recording starts.  Here
are some examples:

http://hartmanncomputer.com/2013-03-03-11-10-17_501x.wav
http://hartmanncomputer.com/2013-03-03-11-12-02_501x.wav

Although the two examples are pretty consistent, the sounds, when they
happen are generally not.  Sometimes it's just a hiss, then maybe
another time it will be more of a screech.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04-amd64.  I have done some optimizations for
Linux Audio and USB audio. These do seem to have improved the sound
quality through the dongle but they haven't solved this weird sound
problem on incoming calls.  If anyone's interested, my tweaks were;
using the lowlatency kernel and adding 'snd-usb-audio nrpacks=1' to my
/etc/modules.

Has anyone experienced this sound?

Thanks much!

Peter Hartmann