[Freeswitch-users] building via Debian packages build script

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 03:26:53 MSD 2013

> > ./debian/util.sh build-all -bn -z9 -v1
>
> This would replace dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc ??

Actually it more likely calls it for you (or git-buildpackage which'd call
it in turn). Those are the debian tools for creating packages, that
script'll call them for you as appropriate.

> mkdir -p /usr/src/freeswitch
> > cd /usr/src/freeswitch
> > git clone git://git.freeswitch.org/freeswitch.git src
> > cd src
> > ./debian/util.sh build-all -bn -z9 -v1
>
> How is that different than
> git clone -b v1.2.stable git://git.freeswitch.org/freeswitch.git

It isn't - first four lines do the same, just to a different location.

The main advantage of my script incidentally is it uses mk-build-deps (from
the devscripts package) to create and install a package that depends on all
the build dependencies for building the freeswitch packages. That means you
don't need to then install them yourself, and afterwards can remove that
package then 'apt-get autoremove' to clean up your system, if you wish to
do so.