[Freeswitch-users] building via Debian packages build script

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Thu Jun 27 00:28:22 MSD 2013

Hi Karl,

First of all, welcome to FreeSWITCH :)

To raise a JIRA ticket, go to [1] and register your account, then create a
new "issue" under the FreeSWITCH project. There is a whole bunch of
documentation about this in [2] but it's all pretty simple. This adds a
couple more mins overhead, but it's impossible to track these problems in
the ML so having it in JIRA will ensure it gets dealt with eventually.

In reference to your original question, the build script made by Steven at
[3] does work fine under Squeeze, but I have not yet tested it for Wheezy.
You should just be able to use "dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc -us", I have not
used the "./debian/util.sh" tool yet so I cannot comment on how reliable it
is (although both Ken and Steven are very knowledgeable, and their advice
is usually accurate).

As for the original problem itself relating to libjs.so.1, I've just done a
build test on a wheezy amd64 chroot (with dev/sys/proc properly mounted
etc)... I hate waiting for compiles...

I was able to compile the packages without problem using [4], and you can
see the full compile results at [5].

Please have a read through [4] and make sure you have not missed any of the
steps, also try creating a clean build environment from scratch as
sometimes this can fix many problems. Also be aware that FS is not
currently compatible with pbuilder and the alike, so attempting to use it
in conjunction with any of those tools might not work. Also note that this
build was done on a wheezy chroot.. if you are attempting to build wheezy
packages from a non wheezy chroot, then it might not work as expected.
Generally speaking this is why you'd normally use pbuilder by default, but
just creating a chroot as shown in my example will suffice in the event of
pbuilder not being compatible :)

For now I'm going to mark this as "works for me", but if you get any more
problems or questions, feel free to update the thread (and/or a JIRA
ticket!).

Hope this helps

Cal

[1] http://jira.freeswitch.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa