[Freeswitch-users] Problem with rtp streams and stair-stepped (or ramped) increased lag

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 21:08:10 MSD 2013

While a useful tool, You can't 100% rely on wireshark to report delay, it
fails to properly deal with things such as mark bits clearing the buffer
etc and you have to trust it's clock to be accurate too.

You should back it up with audio tests, call yourself and talk into it and
measure for latency as well, also looking at pcap of both ends of the call
using the inbound ts vs the outbound.

Another control you should use is to try sip 2 sip.  It's possible that the
skinny is lacking some of the RTP flags that other channels use that help
reduce latency.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/