[Freeswitch-users] Garbled audio on playback

Young, Christopher CYoung at enghouse.com
Tue Jun 25 16:11:25 MSD 2013

Hi all,

First time poster here and relatively new to FreeSWITCH so please forgive me if my terminology is not quite right.

I've encountered a strange problem with audio playback. If I use either switch_ivr_play_file() or switch_core_session_execute_application() with the playback application to play an audio file to a  session then I get garbled output and lots of, "Deactivating write resampler" messages in the log. However, if I use switch_ivr_broadcast() (or the uuid_broadcast command) then it plays fine (and there is only a single occurrence of the resampler message).

I'm a bit confused because if I understand things correctly then all of the methods mentioned above ultimately go through switch_ivr_play_file() anyway so why would some work and some not?

The problem seems similar to an item I found in JIRA (FS-5236) but I tried an updated version which includes that fix and it didn't make any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Young