[Freeswitch-users] Codec selection in reinvite to a-leg in bypass_media_after_bridge

Javier Gallart jgallartm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 14:10:59 MSD 2013

Hello list,

let me describe the call scenario:
We have an established call with media traversing Freeswitch. In some cases
we'd like to get FS out of the media path, and for those cases we set the
variable bypass_media_after_bridge to true.
It works fine, the reinvite is sent in both directions with a new c=
address. However in some cases this can result in no audio calls.
Imagina A sends the call to profile internal with inbound_codec preference:
PCMU,G729,G723
A->FS offer: PCMU,G729
FS->B offer: PCMU,G729

B->FS answer: G729
FS->A answer: G729

The reinvite sent to the B-leg contains a single codec (G729); however the
reinvite to a-leg contains all the codec defined in the profile. If A
happens to OK to the reinvite with PCMU we will have a no-audio call .
I've tried several things but I haven't been able to find if this is
actually feasible.
Has anyone tried the same?

Thanks

Javi