[Freeswitch-users] Problem with rtp streams and stair-stepped (or ramped) increased lag

Nathan Neulinger nneul at mst.edu
Tue Jun 25 03:40:49 MSD 2013

In one particular stream, which is  call mgr <-> FS, the CCM to freeswitch side of the stream shows no issues, but
freeswitch to CCM direction shows a number of drifts, some just one ptime worth, others larger.

This instance is running as a VM, but allocated significantly more reserved cpu (and very high shares) on a lightly
loaded host. Concurrent calls on the FS instance is in the single digits at most at this point. Typical end to end
network induced latencies less than 3 ms at most.

Any suggestions on what to look at or steps to take here? Certainly not happening on every call, but I do believe I've
seen it on both cisco and polycom phone connections. Usually, there is just a slow stairstep over the period of the call.

-- Nathan