[Freeswitch-users] Problem with rtp streams and stair-stepped (or ramped) increased lag

Nathan Neulinger nneul at mst.edu
Tue Jun 25 03:24:22 MSD 2013

Having some occasional user reports of problem calls where they are fine, and then something happens on the call and lag
increases significantly, sometimes up to 2+ seconds.

I've got severe examples on both cisco and polycom phones. What I'm seeing looks like the call is going perfectly for a
period of time (sometimes up to a few minutes), and then there is a period of time with higher latency packets, and the
overall delay in the graph increases steadily at that point, and never recovers.

It sounded like rtp-autoflush-during-bridge might be something relevant, but that's set to the default. Also saw
"rtp-rewrite-timestamps", but unclear if that is necessary here.

I've got pcap captures of the rtp streams if that'll help any.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       nneul at mst.edu
Missouri S&T Information Technology    (573) 612-1412
System Administrator - Architect