[Freeswitch-users] setting up freeswitch on virtualbox configuring Localconnections

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 23:40:53 MSD 2013

You will need to assign a network interface that is not NAT to communicate
with the VM. Treat it as if it were actually another computer. A bridged or
host-only adapter would work well.

So either:
1: 1x Bridged (replacing the default NAT adapter) - VM will appear as if it
were a real machine on your LAN
2: 1x NAT (for Internet access) and 1x Host-only (for access from your host
but won't work from elsewhere)

I usually prefer bridged adapters to host-only since other computers can
then access it.

-Steve