[Freeswitch-users] FS as SBC

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 18:07:45 MSD 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Nikolay Kondratyev <n.kondratyev at cpm.ru>wrote:

> Hi All,****
>
> ** **
>
> I’m new to freeswitch

Welcome to the community :)

> and I’m investigating if i can use FS as SBC.

This topic has already been heavily discussed;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=freeswitch+sbc
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=freeswitch+sbc+%22freeswitch-users%22&oq=freeswitch+sbc+%22freeswitch-users%22&aqs=chrome.0.57.243j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
http://www.moythreads.com/congresos/cluecon2012/cluecon-2012-kickass-sbc.pdf
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SBC_Setup
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SBC_FreeSWITCH_Configuration_Example_2

Please do try and do your home work before posting on the mailing list -
the list is maintained by volunteers and most people will not response if
they see the same questions being asked over and over again.

Here is a great guide on how to get the best out of the mailing list;
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/UsingTheMailingList

****

> I see that one can use FS as SBC for incoming and outgoing calls.****
>
> But I was not able to find out if FS can be used for registration… I mean
> the subscriber from internet should send Register to FS, and FS should send
> Register to internal sip server. Is this possible?

FS is a B2BUA - it is not the same as using something like OpenSIPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back-to-back_user_agent
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/The_Limitations_of_FreeSwitch

****

> I’m interested in particular in the following Contact field:****
>
> Contact: <sip:+79980000004 at 10.169.10.64:5070;transport=udp
> >;+g.3gpp.icsi-ref="urn%3Aurn-7%3A3gpp-service.ims.icsi.mmtel,urn%3Aurn-7%3A3gpp-service.ims.icsi.mmtel.gsma.videocall";audio;video;q=0.8;+g.oma.sip-im;+g.oma.sip-im.large-message;expires=3600
> ****
>
> If FS will get Invite or Register from Internet with such Contact, is it
> possible to preserve parameters (namely
> +g.3gpp.icsi-ref="urn%3Aurn-7%3A3gpp-service.ims.icsi.mmtel,urn%3Aurn-7%3A3gpp-service.ims.icsi.mmtel.gsma.videocall";audio;video;q=0.8;+g.oma.sip-im;+g.oma.sip-im.large-message;expires=3600)
> on the internal call leg?

Have a read through this for more information on how variables work;
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables

You can control which variables get passed between legs using a variety of
methods (set/export etc).

Hope this helps