[Freeswitch-users] Regarding Freeswicth Nat

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jul 2 01:39:47 MSD 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM, johnthan123 <johnthan123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  I am really happy for the all answers, But the thing is No one giving me
> the assure for the NAT,
>
>              i configured the NAT before and it was working, But with the
> same configuration and same networking i couldn't able to make it now, i
> have similor qustion with asterisk why asterisk works good behind the NAT
> why not Freeswitch,  as a Freeswitch Lover i want to be overcome this issue
>
>         still i am looking for some inputs for successful NAT in
> Freeswitch , if possible some one give for NAT.

The short answer is this: something somewhere changed. If it was working
with a previous version of FS and isn't working now then I would recommend
looking for the commit where it broke. Install an older FS version where
you are certain that it was working, and then go from there. Using git
bisect can probably help cut down the time.

I would also recommend getting SIP and RTP captures of working vs.
non-working calls and compare them using Wireshark. See if you can figure
out what is happening and then report back. Hopefully the gang here will
help you figure out why it is happening and you can fix it.

-MC