[Freeswitch-users] Mod_Conference Improvement (Denoise)

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Jan 16 04:03:20 MSK 2013

While I don't have a problem with the concept of noise filtering I have to
point out that each member of the conference can have his or her own noise
level setting. From fs_cli:

conference <conf name> energy <member_id|all|last|non_moderator> [<newval>]

You only need to apply it to the person who is in the noisy location. In
fact, in the example configuration the user can dial 9 to increase the
energy threshold (for when he's in a noisy environment) or press 7 to
decrease the threshold. Pressing 8 will reset the energy to normal, which I
believe is 200.

-MC

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Usama Zaidi <itsusama at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I talked about this a while back on the channel, the way how energy-level
> is implemented in mod_conference isn't the right way to handle noise in my
> opinion because the participants that get bridged would have a different
> noise floor depending on where they are located, so if I set the value of
> energy-level too high to accommodate one participant, any other participant
> in a quite sitting would never get bridged, I proposed we should tackle
> this the way Asterisk does using a denoise dialplan function (
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+10+Function_DENOISE),
> we can use libav for noise filtering on the muxed audio. I'm willing to
> contribute if one of the devs would help me out regarding implementation.
> Any comments?
>
> -Regards
>
> --
> I'd love to change the world, but they wont gimme the source code to it

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org