[Freeswitch-users] Mod_Conference Improvement (Denoise)

Usama Zaidi itsusama at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 03:24:51 MSK 2013

Hi,

I talked about this a while back on the channel, the way how energy-level
is implemented in mod_conference isn't the right way to handle noise in my
opinion because the participants that get bridged would have a different
noise floor depending on where they are located, so if I set the value of
energy-level too high to accommodate one participant, any other participant
in a quite sitting would never get bridged, I proposed we should tackle
this the way Asterisk does using a denoise dialplan function (
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+10+Function_DENOISE),
we can use libav for noise filtering on the muxed audio. I'm willing to
contribute if one of the devs would help me out regarding implementation.
Any comments?

-Regards

--
I'd love to change the world, but they wont gimme the source code to it