[Freeswitch-users] E169 question

Josue Diaz Cruz jdiaz at coinfru.com
Wed Feb 27 14:44:39 MSK 2013

I am using it personally. I am in the first step setting up The system with
Ubuntu 12.04 Server. I tried with CentOS. I work ussually with this distro,
but i could not make it work because of my lack of understaning this gsmopen
system.

Yesterday i made it work with this:

Ubuntu 12.04 Server AMD64
Huawey E169
Install all the Libs i found in the freeswitch wiki (all)
I set up for the time been just only one dongle. ttyUSB1, ttyUSB2
Codec: G711
I made this dialplan:
<extension name="dongle">

    <condition field="network_addr" expression="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"/>

    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^34(\d+)$">   /*
Because Spain Mobile */

        <action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=yes"/>

        <action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>

        <action application="set" data="sip_ignore_remote_cause=true"/>

        <action application="set" data="proxy_media=true"/>

        <action application="bridge" data="gsmopen/gsm01/$1"/>    /* Default
config i have, changing just only tty ports */

        <action application="hangup" data="NORMAL_CIRCUIT_CONGESTION"/>

    </condition>

</extension>

My Experience:

Calling with G711: no delay, audio quality same like with your own mobile
(perfect), even with network operator low coverage were i am.
Calling with G729: little delay (sensible). Probably i had the system not
very well implemented.

A very important thing we did:

We try unlocking the dongle. We did it. With every system we test, no
working. We soldered pinouts to a unlocking device. Reinstall complete
firmware with this device. Then from this factory firmware we unlock it and
activate the voice.

I am experiencing with it. In my opinion for the time been works very nice.
I need to stress the system with 8 dongles and live traffic to check all the
issues that can happend.

During this week i will do so many test. i will give you feed back.

Cheers

Josue Diaz Cruz

Departamento Tecnico y Soporte

 <mailto:jdiaz at coinfru.com> jdiaz at coinfru.com

  <http://www.coinfru.com/> www.coinfru.com

Este e-mail contiene información confidencial, el contenido de la mismo se
encuentra protegido por Ley. Cualquier persona distinta a su destinataria
tiene prohibida su reproducción, uso, divulgación o impresión total o
parcial. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, notifiquelo de inmediato al
remitente borrando el mensaje original juntamente con sus ficheros anexos.
Gracias.

  _____