[Freeswitch-users] E169 question

Brian Foster bdfoster at endigotech.com
Wed Feb 27 03:07:12 MSK 2013

> Hi,
> I was wondering if I could ask you some dongle questions.  I've been
> testing out Gsmopen with an E160.    Do you have any experience with
> that one and why do you prefer E169s?

I personally have not. They were, however, recommended to me by a friend who has experience with Huawei-brand dongles.

> I'm in NYC.  I might be
> interested in a group buy, but I'm still trying to figure out if it's
> going to reliable for clients.

I currently cannot verify anything about the Huawei devices. The group buy actually fell through, and I was planning on getting one or two to play with. If others are interested in doing a group buy I'd be more than happy to facilitate.

In your setup, what is your general purpose for having them in production? I planned on using a few for emergency backup in case the Internet or something else went kaput. With the advent of cell phones these days, it's really not an issue now. Otherwise, to me it's a toy. Now if you we're in Europe, there are advantages to using gsmopen and a dongle with a few different mobile providers to get free or reduced rate calling (within the same network).

Good luck in your future endeavors, and welcome to the wonderful world of Freeswitch.

Regards,

Brian Foster

Sent from my iPhone