[Freeswitch-users] dialplan action when sending a REFER to FreeSWITCH

Hussein Said Hussein.Said at cassidiancommunications.com
Tue Feb 26 21:44:25 MSK 2013

Hi,

I have an application that routes a call to an ad-hoc conference. That
application then hunts an extension to answer the call by sending a
REFER to FreeSWITCH which will send an INVITE from the conference to
join.

I need a way to make the "hunted" extension the moderator so that it can
control the conference.

I did set a moderator controls profile and can see it works if I change
the dial plan(public.xml) to set the "member-flag=moderator".

Also, "mod-wait|rfc4579" are set in the conference.conf.xml.

My challenge is that when I hunt for an extension and find one, I send a
REFER to FREESwitch so that it sends an INVITE to the extension that
needs to answer the call, and I could not find a variable that worked in
the dialplan that I can use as a condition to set the
"member-flag=moderator" for the channel that is about to join the
conference. Is what I am attempting feasible?

Thanks