[Freeswitch-users] Outbound mod event bug

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 06:47:19 MSK 2013

For the record all crashes are considered bugs.  Sometimes its a bad code
path and sometimes its just an improper build but either way we encourage
bug reports on crashes.

First try a full rebuild and update:

UNIX: -- this is all-in-one process that updates to latest and builds
everything.

make current

WINDOWS
update to latest with your git client
open project file
clean solution
build solution

If you can still reproduce, get a backtrace per the wiki mentioned by
Steven and post it to jira.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Stuart Mills <
stuart.mills3 at btopenworld.com> wrote:

>   Hi All,
>
> I know some of you may not consider this as a bug, especially if things
> are done in the correct way this would never happen, but please read on and
> I'll explain the issue as I was a little surprised at how badly FreeSwitch
> handled this user error, seen as though it’s such a good piece of software.
>
> Basically, a call arrives into Freeswitch and a connection is established
> to a remote server, then the following relay occurs (in it’s simplest
> terms) -
>
> connect sent into Freeswitch
> FreeSwitch replies OK
> myevents sent into FreeSwitch
> FreeSwitch replies OK
> answer sent into FreeSwitch
> FreeSwitch replies OK
> bridge with arguments sent into FreeSwitch
> FreeSwitch replies OK
>
> Now, everything is perfect up until here and I'd say that as a call
> switching platform it’s doing exactly what is being asked of it – however
> here’s the bit most of you would agree is wrong and isn’t a “real” bug - if
> you reply again with another bridge, be it by mistake or a deliberate
> attempt to fool FreeSwitch, the system crashes and causes a core dump.
>
> I can get this to happen every time, no warning, no nothing, just a crash
> dump and FreeSwitch dies in front of my eyes.
>
> Answers on a postcard please – try not to be too harsh. I am particularly
> new to FreeSwitch and find it very very good, I was just really surprised
> to fin a bug that could crash it.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Stuart

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org