[Freeswitch-users] Determine if a number is valid/working

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:55:19 MSK 2013

> Ken:  I am not sure we have any language in common – lol.  Where can I
> learn what  “ASR and ACD” are? I looked up lidb and lnp already!

They're measurements of call quality. ASR is the % of terminated calls
that're answered. ACD is average call length.

Short of calling the numbers LNP-type databases would be your only bet I
think, but as Ken points out even they won't be reliable - you may get hits
for invalid numbers if the prefix is valid. And access to them is not free.

"Bad marketing" sounds to be that they are indeed worried about annoying
the customer with robo-calls. They'll be less annoying if they actually
route the call to a sales rep rather than just playing a message and
hanging up, via a queue.

-Steve