[Freeswitch-users] Audio Issue: Digitized background beep when speaking

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Feb 18 21:19:49 MSK 2013

It would help if you could isolate whether or not the audio is coming from
a particular call leg. I would use pcapsipdump for this since it creates
separate files for each SIP call on the system. Also, if you are using
FreeTDM then you'll also need to use the ftdm trace command to capture the
audio from the TDM card.

Once you know where the rogue audio is originating then you can start
looking for a solution.

-MC

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Imran Moinuddin <
imran.moinuddin at nexdegree.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Recently we've been experiencing some unusual audio issues on our SIP
> gateway (running Freeswitch) where people on a conference are sometimes
> hearing periodic / digitized 'beeps' or 'clicks' during the call (mainly
> when someone's speaking). You can listen to a recorded clip from the call
> at:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/aya3j8xkxtz0wx6/AudioSampleBeep.mp3
>
> The caller was coming in via a landline through one of our carriers.
>
> Our FS server wasn't under any particular strain for resources at the time
> nor does it seem too widespread (it happens pretty non-deterministic from
> what I can tell) but thought I'd share in case anyone has heard anything
> similar in the past and if there are insights worth sharing on this.
>
> Any feedback would be awesome,
>
> Imran

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Michael S Collins