[Freeswitch-users] Audio Issue: Digitized background beep when speaking

Imran Moinuddin imran.moinuddin at nexdegree.com
Mon Feb 18 10:57:12 MSK 2013

Hi everyone,

Recently we've been experiencing some unusual audio issues on our SIP
gateway (running Freeswitch) where people on a conference are sometimes
hearing periodic / digitized 'beeps' or 'clicks' during the call (mainly
when someone's speaking). You can listen to a recorded clip from the call
at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aya3j8xkxtz0wx6/AudioSampleBeep.mp3

The caller was coming in via a landline through one of our carriers.

Our FS server wasn't under any particular strain for resources at the time
nor does it seem too widespread (it happens pretty non-deterministic from
what I can tell) but thought I'd share in case anyone has heard anything
similar in the past and if there are insights worth sharing on this.

Any feedback would be awesome,

Imran